This is Me.

My photo
QC, Philippines
Now, I choose to reveal because anonymity breeds not-so-nice things.

I choose to write to express, because I don't believe that impressions last.

I choose to become who I am, because I don't like pretense.

I choose to be just jets, because I believe I am.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Threatened

Yesterday, my best friend and her batchmate just took their picture with Oble! Wow. Brave souls we got here ayt?

I DO NOT believe in superstitions. Yes, I don't. But, there's just something about UP superstitions that I don't want to risk my college life by falling into these pits. I was ranting the whole day about the 18 units of academic load that I still have to finish within roughly about four weeks. Thesis and all the "Are you graduating?" talks solicit nothing more than a "let's-not-talk-about-that-alright" glance. Everyone in the batch is pretty much
threatened.

I envy my Ateneo friends who have now reached the finish line. Phew! That must be really orgasmic. Haha! Oh well, when will I ever feel that? Tick-tock. Time's running out, but I don't know if I will be happy or sad. Almost all my professors, especially my thesis adviser and my film script professor, are threatening us of how time can slip like a robber, like a pickpocket. Fast and furious. Grrr!


Don't worry. Someday, I'm gonna muster up all the courage needed to take a picture with Oble. Or better yet, I don't have to be afraid. I will gain the right to have a snapshot with that nude man facing the Americas. I will graduate,
ON TIME!!

5 comments:

  1. na-overcome ko na gwynee! hehe. nakita mo naman yung pic ko with oble diba? what im thinking now is kung may difference ba pag sa harap o sa likod ka magpapapicture? eh sa likod yung sa amin eh. hahaha.

    nway, i can so relate with the pre-grad jitters. ass in!!! buti pa si wed, tapos na agad. march 22, graduation na nya! yahoo. eh ako, april 22 pa! jeez. hehe

    we will graduate on time gwyn! that's the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REA: oo nga, i saw your pic. grabe. hehe! i bet wala naman diff kung likod or harap. well, depende sa maarteng oble natin. haha!

    grabeh di ba, sobrang nakaka-tense ang grad. wheew! i have lots to worry about pa. huhu! grabeh tlga sila, they're all graduating na! huling huli ang UP.

    anyway, let's just be optimistic. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this comment has nothing to do with the post.

    anyway, i checked out your profile and i learned that one of your interests is audio-video editing. hmmnnn. I rarely see women who tinker with this kind of stuff. Have you tried Reaper? Check it out, it's the best audio editing software, better than the most expensive and popular ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @pastilan: (off-topic :D)

    yes, i'm actually interested in photo and video editing coz i need for my course: which is broadcast comm. Reaper? not yet. i use ulead, premiere and other online stuff. :) thanks for the suggestion! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog u have here Gwyn. we have the same interest too (video and photo editing) Goodluck and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete