This is Me.

My photo
QC, Philippines
Now, I choose to reveal because anonymity breeds not-so-nice things.

I choose to write to express, because I don't believe that impressions last.

I choose to become who I am, because I don't like pretense.

I choose to be just jets, because I believe I am.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Green.

There was just too much green today. Green as in environmentalism, and green as in "you-know-what-this-is-dirty". :D

Green No. 1
: I think I'm experiencing a hang-over of last night's (err, or the other night's) small (small huh? it included no less than 50 guests, and there was DENR Sec. Lito Atienza, no less!) meeting (or party/forum rather?). Anyway, an "environmentalist" (they actually don't want to be called environmentalists, but I forgot the more apt term) anarchical group was formed. It was named GLACC - Global Legal Action against Climate Change.

They were planning to simultaneously file a complaint against LGU's and other government agencies who are violating what are deemed by the Law. The group's mastermind was Atty. Tony Oposa, a lawyer who recently won over several gov't agencies and GOCCs because of their failure to protect Manila Bay. The complaints were supposed to be filed on April 14, 2009, the Earth Day. (Am I right? Hehe.)
It's unbelievable and praise-worthy how people, yes uber-busy people, still have the time and energy (some even came all the way from Iloilo) to do such a pursuit.

Green No. 2
: So, the hang-over hangs. I was in SM North Edsa just some hours ago, and I'm narcissitically proud of myself. I didn't bring ANY plastic bags home. I bought some items from CD-R King, the supermarket and from Mercury Drug, but I didn't ask (or refused) to take any of their packaging bags because I have a humongous bag with me and it should serve its purpose, I believe.

Anyhow, I think I deserve some clapping. Hehe.
Waaay to go, Gwyn!

Green No. 3
: I had a mini reunion with my first dorm rummies tonight. We just dined out and chatted like it was the last. Anyway, it's really funny how we never stop when we start talking. I and Leni were babbling like chatterboxes, while Kaye (the graduate) just kept on laughing.

Leni, the green-minded one, (She is the President of Haring-Ibon, an environmentalist org and she also has a "maduming utak". Hehe) joked about being raped. She told us, "Pag may mangre-rape sa'kin, sasabihin ko muna, 'Kuya, papayag akong rape-in mo ako basta may condom at foreplay!" We just LOLed. Loko talaga 'to si Leni. Never fails to make us laugh.

Green No. 4: I voted. Today is the UP Diliman's USC Elections, and I just added a stick on abstain's tally. I have deeper reasons for that. Anyway, Kester Yu, a green revolutionist and independent candidate, won as the number one USC councilor. Some were happy, some were really disappointed. Oh well, let's give the guy a chance. I just hope he's going to give the UP studentry what he was flauting during the campaigns. ;)

-Love, Just Jets.

2 comments:

  1. eh ano naman yung green joke na sabi mo sa blog ko? lol!

    haha, nahihilig kna sa green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rea: naku, wag na yun. that was really green. haha!

    ReplyDelete