This is Me.

My photo
QC, Philippines
Now, I choose to reveal because anonymity breeds not-so-nice things.

I choose to write to express, because I don't believe that impressions last.

I choose to become who I am, because I don't like pretense.

I choose to be just jets, because I believe I am.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Expect Much?

"The reason why we expect much from other people?
It's because we are willing to give that much to them..."
-
unknown author (quote from Tita Ilona | sent 03/09/09)

I couldn't agree more.

I am a person with very high expectations. Ask my parents, ask my friends, ask my sisters, ask my classmates and groupmates. Ask Rob. That is exactly the reason why I abhor mediocrity. As much as possible, I want to be one of the best and I want to give the best that I can give in anything that I go into. Things that are ordinary and usual frustrate me in a snap. I have a craving for the ideal things, for the blissful things... For perfection.

That is how competitive I am. My current level of competency is already a tamed level, (Thanks to Rob) but still there's something within me that always wants to be on top. I don't know what happened to me before, what happened to me as I grow up that shaped this egoistic personality. Or is it human nature to yearn for attention, to be at the epicenter?

On the other hand, I am a very generous person when it comes to effort. Records show that I am a person who is more than motivated to go against the odds, break the rules and move mountains just to make my loved-ones feel what I feel for them. But when I see that these are not reciprocated, all I can do is sigh.

Expectations can be good, although sometimes, it is better to wait and see. Expectations vary and can be compromised. Expectations determine how one feels. Expectations define happiness, despair and satisfaction. Expectations are part of life and living.

By the way, even God has expectations. :)

-Expecting you, Jets.

3 comments:

  1. true, life is full of expectations.
    and that's why we often fall into disappointment.. because its either we expect too much or we expect less. tsk2.

    you deserve to be one of the best gwynee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rea: that's true. expectations breed conflict din. hehe.

    thanks, rai! you deserve all the best, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete